Education Awareness ProgramsInvite SPCA Sandakan to give awareness talks in your schools
Animal Welfare Awareness Education – How You Can Help
The objective of SPCA Sandakan is to promote commitment and respect for all animals and to free them from suffering, abuse and exploitation.
We give talks in schools and at our events to educate the public on animal welfare.
- What is animal abuse?
- What causes lead to animal abandonment?
- TNR Program – controlling over-population of pets
- What is animal rescue?
- What you should consider before getting a pet
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be measured by the way its animals are treated.” Mahatma Gandhi
What Is Animal Cruelty?
Ignorance is no excuse. So what exactly is animal cruelty or animal abuse?
- Caging an animal 24 hours a day
- Not providing adequate food or clean water
- Not grooming a pet which can lead to health problems
- Failure to provide medical attention when an animal is ill
- Negligence leading to injury to the animal
Even if animals are food, it does not mean that we should treat them in a less than humane manner. More so if the animals have the capacity to provide companionship and assist people. It should be a basic human instinct to treat all living things as humanely as we can.
5 Freedoms for Welfare of Animals
- Freedom from Hunger and Thirst
- Freedom to Behave Naturally
- Freedom from Discomfort and Pain
- Freedom from Fear and Distress
- Freedom from Disease and Injury
Help SPCA Sandakan To Create Awareness For Animal Welfare
Many of the problems of animal abuse are caused by lack of empathy and insufficient knowledge on the part of pet owners, and the general public.
We call upon you to help create a positive environment for the good treatment of animals, and respect to all living things.
Animals need our help and together we can make a difference.