TNR ProgramTrap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is the most humane and effective method for controlling pet population
Through TNR programs, stray animals are humanely trapped, spayed/neutered and whenever possible returned to their original owners or released. Responsible pets owners should do your part to spay or neuter your pet, or the strays in your area to prevent unwanted litters of puppies and kittens. This will reduce the number of animals being abandoned or killed.
Spaying and Neutering of pets is the best way to control over-population and associated problems.
The Benefits Of Neutering
1. Pet Population Control
Thousands of stray pets face euthanasia or are suffering on the streets, so please neuter your pets and help prevent this problem.
2. Heath Benefits
- Decreases the risk of breast cancer or mammary tumors
- Eliminates the risk of uterine infections (pyometra)
- Reduces the risk of TVT (Transmissible Venereal Tumour), a sexually transmitted disease.
- Reduces the chances of TVT (Transmissible Venereal Tumour)
- Eliminates the risk of testicular cancer
- Markedly reduces the risk of prostrate cancer and anal gland cancer
3. Behaviour Benefits
- Reduces stress for the animals when females come into heat or in a reproductive period
- Prevents wandering and roaming in search of females, which can lead to road accidents
- Prevents fighting which leads to wounds and infections
- Prevents the spread of diseases such as TVT
- Eliminates the marking of territory by urine spraying
- Reduces animal aggression.
To make an appointment to neuter you pet or stray, please call SPCA Sandakan or take your pet to the nearest veterinarian.