SPCA Sandakan MissionThe mission of SPCA Sandakan
The mission and objectives of SPCA Sandakan is to:
1. Promoting Responsible Pet Ownership
Encourage responsible pet ownership by:
- Promoting and encouraging the neutering of pets,
- Providing information, assistance and advisory service in the proper care of animals,
- Educating the public and school children through informative articles, talks and visits,
- Organizing discussions, dialogues, seminars, exhibitions and relevant activities emphasizing responsibility towards animals,
- Cooperating with veterinarians in providing guidelines for the proper care of animals.
2. Lobby For Government Legislation
Lobby the government towards more effective legislation and humane enforcement [eg. Animal Act, 1953 (revised 2006)].
3. Prevention of Animal Cruelty
Eliminate animal cruelty by:
- Discouraging the sale of animals by unlicensed pet breeders and the consumption of cat and dog meat as food,
- Endeavoring to reduce animal overpopulation.